We’re thrilled that you’re interested in the French Immersion Day program, the Journée Intensive en Français (JIF). Please find below other tips and suggestions to prepare yourselves or your students for this unique experience, as well as 2019 Flyer.
If you are interested in volunteering for a French immersion assistant or teacher position during our immersion event, please fill out the Online Volunteer Interest Form.
If you are interested in sending us your students and/or participating as a teacher with your class or on your own, please read the information below then go to Registration.
In order to register, your students or yourself will need to address the following:
1) personal/family contact information and emergency contact information
2) your school’s (address, principal’s name) and French teacher’s information (phone and email address)
3) food information (lunch option and allergies)
4) a waiver and a photo/video release agreement that need to be read and approved by your parents (if you are a student)
5) our payment and reimbursement information and policies.
HERE ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS TO PROMOTE OUR PROGRAM IN CLASS:
SEPTEMBER – NOVEMBER (Distribution and Recruitment)
- Build enthusiasm around the Immersion Day with administrators, colleagues, and French students in levels 3 and above, as well as highly motivated level-2 students.
- Use past years pictures and student quotes on this website to build enthusiasm in your classroom.
- Distribute and post the Journée Intensive flyer in and around your classroom and department. Eleventh Annual JIF Flyer
- Send the link and flyer to your students and their families.
- Show your students the online registration form and payment options.
- Tell your students if you will be collecting their checks in class and what registration fee applies to your class.
- If you or your students need funding assistance, reach out to your Booster Club, Parent-Teacher Organizations, Activities Director, Principal (who may have additional funding available), or Curriculum Directors. Also, now is a good time for student clubs to hold fundraisers.
NOVEMBER – DECEMBER
- Remind your students of the event and show them the online registration form and payment options by going to Registration.
- If you will be collecting your students’ checks, please contact the director of the program ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know how many students plan to attend and will be paying you.`
- If you plan to participate as an assistant or a teacher in our program, please be aware that there will be a 2 1/2-hour information meeting (followed by an optional lunch) on Saturday, December 1st, and a required preparation meeting for assistants (teachers are welcome) on Saturday, February 16.
- Last reminder!!! Make sure your students have registered and paid online BY JANUARY 25. Please, remind them that no registration will be valid until we receive their payment.
- The program schedule will be ready at the very end of January or early February.
- Arrange for transportation for your students.
- Find arrival instructions and driving directions here.
- Celebrate those students who have participated in the Immersion Day.
- Encourage participants to share their experiences with classmates, French Club, and French Honor Society.
- Use this opportunity to promote your French program in your school and community.
It is our hope that you will use this opportunity to advocate and strengthen your French program in your school district. We have compiled several tools to assist you.
- Every teacher who sends students to the Immersion Day will receive a letter of participation addressed to their principal.
- Teachers with participating students will also receive a press release that can be distributed for school newsletters as well as local newspapers.
- If the communications person at your district or your local reporter needs photos to accompany the press release, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.